Emma and Noah headed back indoors this week to start a new school year. It felt strange to have them back in school so early in the summer, and with temperatures over 100 degrees all week it hasn't been so fun for them to be outside during recess when they belong in a pool. It will take a few weeks to adjust, but I think we are set to have a great year. Emma is entering 4th grade and is in her4th year of the Spanish Magnet Program at Folsom Hills Elelmentary. She was very lucky to be selected for this program in 1st grade and hopefully will be conversationally fluent by the end of her 5th grade year. She won't speak much to us, but when I hear her at school or while practicing her homework her accent is amazing! She has had great teachers and been able to stay with the same group of kids all along, which makes her very happy. Noah is entering 1st grade and is high on the waiting list for the spanish program. He's a lucky kid because his teacher, Mrs. Hedgepath, is one of the nicest teachers at the school and he has tons of friends. Preschool starts this next week for Daegan and I am VERY excited. The preschool is also at Folsom Hills, which is so great because it's a block away and I'll have all 3 kids in at the same school for the next 2 years!
1 comment:
I love that your kids are doing the magnet program. We have one elementary here that does "dual immersion" but it is only offered to those in the boundaries of that school. I think it is a genious idea and wish that my kids were learning spanish. Especially since their school is 50% ESL. Enjoy your quite/free time!
Post a Comment